Sunday, December 15, 2013

Did You Know I Was a Bowling Champion? (10)

Yes, yes when I was a freshmen in high school, I took up bowling on Saturday mornings. I wasn't very good. Well that is from my point of view. I won a few trophies my first year.
 

I won the city tournament with my buddy Brandon. We were the city doubles champions. We were the underdogs two.  It did help that I had a high handicap, but we still one. It was my best game I had ever played. I couldn't believe that we had won. The team we beat, should have won, one of them came close to a perfect game, he had 275 out of a total 300 possible points.  A few months later the season ended and my regular season four man team won our division.
Thanks to my now buddy Alex, we took the division at the Brunswick Lanes in Lowell. That was my first season as a bowler. I only played one season due to the unexpected knee injury, that took me out for over a year. So I can say that my first season as a bowler was a good one. It was fun while it lasted, but I don't think I want to do it again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment