Saturday, November 23, 2013

Spontaneity (8)

Spontaneity: The state of being spontaneous.

On Friday November 22, 2013 the Lowell High School Band held their traditional movie night to close out the marching band season. The selection of the movie was Monsters University. Movie started around 4:30 pm and it was one of the funniest movies PIXAR has made in a while. I am telling you it was fantastic. the movie ended around eight-ish. (With a stop for food in the middle.) But that is not the story here. The real story comes with the spontaneous action that happened after the movie. Some of the seniors in the band (myself included) decided to go see a movie at the Showcase theater in Lowell. We elected to see Bad Grandpa.

This was a hysterical movie, in that Johnny Knoxville was a pure comedic genius. His pranks he pulled on the public were just outrageous. I could not stop laughing. The movie was fantastic. I guess the moral of the story is do not worry about what is going on in the now. Just go with an idea and run away with it. Being spontaneous can be absolutely fun with no regrets. If you act in the now and you are having a good time. The future won't matter. There will be no regrets about the past. I left that theater felling better than I had in weeks. All because of the spontaneous act I made to just live. It was worth the $11.25 to go see. I have now figured out I need to be a little more spontaneous with my life and I will not regret it.

4 comments:

  1. Spontaneity is a lovely thing. It can be really fun to just do things spur of the moment. I think it makes the activity that much more fun, if you decide to do it spontaneously. That being said, I wasn't really into Bad Grandpa. Amanda told me about you guys going to see it. I'm glad you had a good time, but I'm a little sick of the whole prank-humor stuff going on with movies lately. The first time it was funny, but now I think it's a little obnoxious. I might give it a chance, however, because my friends gave it a good review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw Monster's University too! It was such a cute movie. Where did you see it? Was it at someones house or did the marching band rent out a theater?
    I've seen commercials for Bad Grandpa and at first I thought it was an actual storyline with a plot but from what I've read its a bunch of pranks put together and turned into a movie?

    ReplyDelete
  3. We don't actually rent out a theatre we watch it in the band room.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to watch monster university but when I get to it they already ended showing it in the theater. so I never saw it, but I did see bad grandpa it was a funny movie and it was great and new to me. to be introduce to the jackass movie.

    ReplyDelete