Saturday, November 9, 2013

A Weekend Away With the Orange Men (6)


On Friday November 8th, school ended and it was time to leave for Syracuse, New York. It was planned that I would visit the campus of Syracuse University. My family and myself left Lowell at 3:00
Source:Me(Rourke Bridge)
pm and headed towards New York.

I ended up falling asleep for about two hours and when I woke up we were at the Lee Plaza and stopped for dinner. McDonalds was the only option. It was gross. Another two hours passed and the family car need gas. So we stopped at a rest stop in New York.

Soon after we came to our hotel in a town outside of Syracuse.
Source: Me
It was time to go to sleep for the night. Friday turned into Saturday and it was time to visit the campus of Syracuse University. We got there at 8:00 in the morning and the day began. We were greeted by a creepy looking Manor.
Source:Me
They day moved on and we were headed to lunch and I have to saw it was good for college food. After lunch and we looked around the university.
Source:Me

Source:Me

Source:Me

Source:Me
I even got my own sweatshirt.
Source:Me
Then we headed to what I was waiting for. A presentation of Visual Story Telling. Or in simple terms, animation. The professor showed us two clips. One a disney short film but the other was one of the first animations ever.
Cool fact about this movie, it took 10,000 hand drawn drawings and about six months to complete and it was done for a bet. After the movie, the professor brought up that the character, Gertie can be thought as a fun but mischievous dog. When it was all said and done we went to the NewHouse college. This is Syracuse's communications college, which I would like to go into. It was worth the three day trip up to New York. I had fun at the University. I would like to go here someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment