Monday, June 2, 2014

The Grown Up Life

When I was a child, I remember always wanting to grow up and be an adult. Now that I am an adult it is scary, I want to be a child again, I do not want responsibilities. Now that my summer vacation has started I have had a lot of free time on my hands.
Source
In the movie Big, Tom Hanks wishes away his childhood to become an adult, and sure it is fun at first, but then life hits you square in the face and you actually have to be an adult. There are days that I wish I was still 12 or 13 years old. The way I see it is that growing up is a part of life, and now that I am 18 almost 19 I still want to be a kid, but yet I also want to be an adult. I have to face the fact that those days are over. As we learn in Big there still can be a kid in all adults and that growing up can be fun. All in all, growing up is a part of life, but don't let the kid in you die when the body gets older.

No comments:

Post a Comment