Sunday, October 27, 2013

Yet Another Marching Band Story. (4)


This past Sunday was MICCA Finals in Lowell,MA. It was my last one. I knew going into it that it would be a very long day. Between competing and helping the band parents serving food for everyone else. It all started at seven in the morning. My mother was nice and bought me Dunkins.
Source:Me



 We reached Cawley Stadium at 7:30 and the fun began. I helped prepare the food.  And trust me when I say this there was a lot of food. I had practice at 10 am, but silly me had forgotten his marching shoes. So I raced home and grabbed them. I even looked stressed out.
Source:Me
Source:Me



 11:45 came around and Lowell High was going on at 12:15. We finished our warm ups and headed to OUR turf. Then we played our show. WE DIDN'T START THE FIRE/ PIANO MAN. MY LIFE/ ONLY THE GOOD DIE YOUNG. AIR. And finally JUST THE WAY YOU ARE. We finished  our show and we went back to get changed except for a select few seniors. They got to go onto the field for the awards.
Source:Kunsophannaro Kang



It was good we got three stars in all of the categories, but ended the day with a bronze medal. It was after 2:30 when I finally got out of my uniform, and went helped the band parents with the food. Time just flew by. Soon it was 6:00 and the day was nearly done. When we finished we had a lot of garbage.

Source:Me
That was just the pizza boxes. We had a lot of left over drinks as well.

Source:Me
Most of the drinks we sold, but not these. The day was almost complete. But we in the Lowell High band have an unusual tradition. To end the night we do what is called a field roll. What we do is get on of the goal lines, lie down like a log, and roll to the other goal line. When we get to the other goal line we have to get up and run back to the first goal line. It is truly a lot of fun. So that has ended my four year run with MICCA.  It has been a great marching band year, and I am going to miss these days. I don't know what I will do with my life afterward. It has been so routine these past four years. I guess there would be an empty feeling. I don't know.  It has been a fun four years, seeing that we could almost be state champions on Saturday Nov., 2nd at my last NESBA finals. That would be cool.

1 comment:

  1. It seems like you had an awesome time and a memorable experience. The song choices for the band seem great too.

    ReplyDelete